Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dealing with providing for the drinkers!




Chalice Level: Half

My monkey (the toddler boy) took a nap earlier today so now he still has not gone to sleep! I still have not meditated because he does not want me to go outside. So now I am going to have to wait for him to go to sleep before I can sneak outside to meditate. So my process of: meditate, write, find photo & publish is thrown a bit tonight. I am having to meditate last.

I am not really sure what to write about today so I guess today is a rambling day. Today was not a bad day or a good day, just a day. That is why the level is at half.

Oh! I know something I can talk about! I got a quote on bartending for 300 people~~~ OUCH!!!! I keep telling myself that it is for 300 people and that is not so bad. But still, three grand is a LOT of money to put up. I also keep telling myself that we will make the money back when we sell tickets that can be redeemed for a drink. I am also at a loss of how much I should charge for a drink. The number that feels right to me is $6 but that would mean that we would have to sell 500 drinks to break even. The idea is to make money. So what kind of risk am I taking? Will I be able to sell that many drinks? Hmm, what to do, what to do. Actually not really what to do because I have to have it, so I guess I just need to go with the flow. On top of that I have to get two off duty police officers and a liquor license (maybe more cause of city, county & state). Between the venue and the alcohol I am blowing about half my budget! I think I better up my budget, but it is so hard since I have never done this before and I have no idea what the usual budget is.

NICE!!! My computer decided to restart in the middle of me typing, i lost the last 5 sentences or so of what I had written. But at least it reopened the internet for me, that was kinda cool.

OK, as I was writing before on the upside. I am going for a taste testing tomorrow (well technically I suppose it is today) and the Coven director that I met last night is going with me, maybe the assistant director too. So free food and getting to know these ladies a bit better as well. I do want to attend their crafting thing on Saturday, gonna have to talk my oldest or the hubby (if he does not have to work that is) into watching the monkey.

Gonna go see if the monkey is asleep, I intend to meditate and then dig into some chocolate pudding pie with whipped cream after!

TTFN


Chalice Level: Full

The Goddess has a wonderful sense of humor. Anyone that knows me personally will understand this sudden change of Chalice level.

No comments: