Friday, July 23, 2010

More Mistakes






Chalice Level: Half full

It was sprinkling tonight while I meditated. It was absolutely beautiful and felt so good to sit out under the clouds. I imagined that I was in a rain forest, which is something I have wanted to see for a very long time now.

I did not do a whole lot with the non-profit today. I am feeling a little burnt out and finding it hard to dive in and feel good about it. Which is the frame of mind I want to be in when working on it since I don't want to dislike what it is that I am doing. It is very hard letting it go for a day or two because I have SO much to do and the time I waste not working on it means that I may really wish I had that time later. I did send out a correction for some information I had previously sent out. I dreaded doing that since one of the people I sent it to was a shop owner that I have previously upset do to things not going smoothly. I actually really like this person, he had helped me out in the past before all this stuff for the WB and I know that he is a huge supporter of our community. So I am not sure what I was more down about as far as informing him of my mistake, that I had made yet ANOTHER mistake or that I likely would hear back from him about it which likely would not be very kind words. I keep telling myself that I just cannot, no matter how hard I try, make things run with out bumps in the road. And that next years Ball will run a lot smoother since I will be aware of my problem areas this year. *big sigh*

I also did a little organizing of my filling cabinet, which till just a few days ago I was just throwing crap into so that my son could not get into it and mess up my organized mess. I should have it completed soon. I am a bit frustrated with two of the vendors that will be at the Ball. One has not yet paid and had agreed to pay on the 9th and the other has given me no prospective date of the other half of her payment. Both are not responding to emails. To make matters worse, the one who has paid half has become quick and good friends with my ex-friend that was apart of the chaos recently and so vicariously is so with the big problem maker. And that vendor is friends with the other vendor who I have yet to get a payment from. I am about to email them both to tell them that if I do not hear back from them within a certain amount of time that I will be refunding the one vendors money and will make the two spaces available to others. I also have yet to get payment from another vendor and she also is not responding, she has two spaces reserved. I having to deal with this "on hold" crap. The member that I was butting heads with is the one that thought this was a grand idea, and now I have to deal with the crap from it. Argh!!!

Moving on. I have found a few volunteers for the ball, two that I mentioned in previous blog posts and and one that has recently showed how much she would love to help. I am calling a vendor meeting for Wednesday of next week to go over ways they can help and then hopefully will feel a little less overwhelmed. The newest volunteer will be helping me a lot with solicitation letters and getting businesses on board to help our fundraising efforts. I hope to work on the letter a bit more tonight, since it is not settling with my quite right. I also need to create a "need list" (with a lot of liquor on it) and update the website to reflect the different levels of sponsorship available.

The house we worked on quite a lot tonight. We have almost completely filled a haul-away dumpster with crap we had originally thrown outside after we moved in because of the mothballs my now father-in-law used. We have had the dumpster for a couple of weeks but it has been way to hot to work. It finally cooled off enough to be able work outside. I love how quite it is in the area, and actually love the property even though we have a lot of work to do on it. Work that will likely take a few years at minimum before we feel like we are finished. I cant wait to start a garden!

I think that is about it for tonight.
TTFN

No comments: