Sunday, July 18, 2010

Just Do It




Chalice Level: Full

I sooooo did not want to come in tonight from meditation. I really was not outside long, maybe 10 minutes? It was so nice and quite. And the incense smelled sooooooo good. But I dragged myself back in :-) see how special you are? whoever you?

I had so much running through my head for what needs to be done. And I also needed to write for 2 days instead of 1 since I missed yesterday, but I am tellin ya. I had a VERY good reason, complete and utter exhaustion!

So after my last entry I went to bed like I said I would, this was around 9pm. At Midnight I am woken up because my oldest is tired of watching the middle child and the hubby is working on something for the house. So I get up to take care of the middle child (his schedule is still off from the other night, we are having a very hard time getting him on track). And guess what, the real situation is that the oldest wants to be on facebook. I was so mad! I had told her already that I would be out running the next day, in the heat and that I really wanted to get some rest. She told me to go back to bed but I was wide awake at this point. I tried several times to go back to sleep during early morning hours but was just not happening. The middle child did not go to bed till very late, the youngest woke up several times and then the hubby's phone kept going off. So I gave up.

I leave around a quarter to nine in the morning, I wanted to leave early enough to get food but that did not work out since I was having a very difficult time getting the hubby to go out of the house. So I wound up being out all day with no food. I had to meet with a psychic at a local shop and then meet with the belly dance director for entertainment for the ball. Finally around 4pm when I was meeting with the director for the belly dancers she gave me a little food that a friend had made. I had mentioned earlier when I spoke to her over the phone that I might stop to get something to eat since I had not had lunch yet. Everywhere I stopped had no restaurants! I couldn't believe it!

Anyhow the meeting with the director went very well. I really like her a lot, and she is so all about helping the community out. She also owns her own vegetarian cafe which is downtown in the art district. She had all these fabulous ideas of how to help out the Ball, the non-profit and even me! She mentioned about doing a "meet the artist" thing for my photography, which I am beyond excited about. But I need to get a website, and biz cards first. I might also be able to do some readings at a monthly event, so this is very exciting! She was also a great listener, I kinda unloaded on her about the problems I'd had with the other members of my non-profit before it had become a non-profit.

I was so tired that on the way home I kept dozing off, and I NEVER do that. I finally stopped doing that when i crouched onto the shoulder of the person next to me!!! which I REALLY never do. I apologized and she seemed to think it was funny, but I sure didn't! I think she was less upset cause she remembers being a mom of a small baby (she was an older lady) but little did she know that at that point I had not hardly slept at all. Anyhow once I got to the last stop for my end of town it was like 7:30 at night and I had pretty much not eaten anything all day, except for the little bit the director had given me. I had my youngest with me and I really did not drink near enough water, and I breastfeed. So when I got to the last stop, I got some food. Went home, took a shower and crashed in the extra bedroom (which is also the coldest, yay!) at about 10pm. I guess the little one was also tired cause she only woke up twice in the time I was asleep. I woke up on my own eventually, and it looked like the sun was just coming up. But I felt pretty good so I got up anyhow. I sat down in the living room and started talking with my hubby, it still looked pretty dark outside so I did not think much until I saw our clock, it was 12:30pm!!! I had slept 14 hours! I guess I really was beat, and so was the baby. She was still sleeping when I woke up and she went to bed about the same time as I did. You do what you gotta do, at almost any cost when you are the one that needs to do it. In this case it was not sleeping, not eating, not drinking much water, & spending and entire day on the bus system with a baby in 115 temperatures, oh and walking a total of about 1 1/2 miles in the middle of the day. Just do it, was my motto for this whole experience.

I was still feeling tired today so I moved pretty slow. But I did get some work done for the Ball and even better, I finally decided I needed to get crakin on the solicitation letters I plan to send out to businesses. This is not an area I am very good at, and I was feeling pretty lost with the whole idea. It is not so bad contacting the company and telling them I would like to send a donation request letter but I didn't have anything good coming out of my head for the donation letter. I googled pagan solicitation letters, and nada! Wiccan solicitation letters, nada again! Wiccan donation letters, nope. And finally Pagan Donation letters, and finally we have a winner!!! And it is a really good letter two. It is not too long, give some information about the organization, how it could benefit the company/ person donating and even better, a small description about Paganism. This is exactly what I needed to expound upon for my organization :-) But the funny thing is (or not so funny) is that this was the ONLY letter I found that is a solicitation for a Pagan organization. Why is that!!! Yes, I know that we are not well known and often have crazy things that people think we are but other organizations really are not trying at least? Actually, so many companies are looking for minorities to help it is astonishing to me that more of our non-profits are not attempting to go this route for help.

Anyhow moving on, I forgot to mention that my eldest has had an offer to be in a bad. The director that I mentioned earlier found out what instrument my kido plays and how fast she picks up on the learning aspect and she offered her an opportunity to be in the bad. I think this is wonderful! So I will be contacting the director tomorrow to let her know. What a blessing this woman has become already!

So the drama for the day is that my eldest has the mother of her boyfriend telling her that he does not want to be with her which totally devastated her. Oh that's right, that's how I woke up, she was all upset! That's OK, I think I was ready to get up anyhow and she needed to hear that it was all her boyfriends mom's fault. I swear the woman is absolutely nuts! We plan to allow him to stay with us as soon as he turns 18. Unfortunately we cannot do much till then, just wait. And the anticipation of waiting to hear from him for my oldest is agonizing. He is currently in a different city and only calls when he can get his hands on his moms phone or borrows someones phone to call. The have not seen each other in a couple of months. He is absolutely nuts about her and treats her really well. I seriously doubt he wants to break up with her.

What else? I think that is about it for tonight.
TTFN

No comments: